Thursday, August 27, 2009

Challenger


Most of my work sucks when I put it online probably because of the light and/or my own editing skills.
I don't care though. You can see enough of my drawings to see what I need to work on and what I am getting better at.

there is alot of things I need to learn. I am willing to sit down and do what is needed of me so I can get better.

Sometimes I worry that I am not good enough. I look at other people's work and get frustrated or slightly embarrassed by some work. Sometimes it makes me wonder if doing art is the right thing. But I trek on. One thing I do know is not trying would be the stupidest thing to do. I rather try and fail, than to do nothing and wonder "what if". The scariest thing is actually trying to do something you love.

My mother also said to me that I need a mentor. Someone who has been through all this before. I figure I can find that when I get back into school. I think that would help. Someone to get me tips,so me the ropes. Kinda like what my old art teacher did. He's pretty much the only reason why I do art now.

I'd like to go to the Center of Cartoon studies. Be around working Comic Artists/Writers. Get a sense of community. Because right now I am lost. I feel like I have no one to help me. And that sucks.

Portfolio day is October 4th. I plan on having a nice portfolio to all the schools around the country. CCS doesn't participate in it but just in case I don't get in there, I'd like to go somewhere in which I'll get more training. I'd like to go back out of state. I'm finding more and more reasons to get out of this city/state.

For praticing on my on I use "Rapid Viz" and "Anotomy for the artist. I also just randomly draw people I see or know.



I wish I was in space.

No comments:

Post a Comment