Thursday, October 8, 2009

We're on the road to nowhere

Talking Head's Road to Nowhere has been stuck in my head all day. Geez.  I get the most random songs stuck in mah head. I think I overload myself with too much awesome music.

Today I did a bunch of pin up sketches.



These are just sketches, nothing plan to be finished pieces. I also drew them with pen because I tend to focus less of perfecting it and that way I spend more on the drawing and less on the erasing. Heh, I have been paying attention to those Rapid Viz techniques.
I love old vintage pin up drawings. I base alot of my girls on them. I like drawing thick girls because they are more fun to draw and I do appreciate  a nice female shape.


Characters from my EPIC comic that will evenutally happen.


For my portfolio for school I have to draw a comic based with the characters of a Robot, a snowman,me and a piece of fruit. I have an  idea of what I what the comic will be about, so today I also drew out how I want the characters  to look. Hopefully by next week I'll have it all finished and ready to send out. I'm really excited.

It's fall and it's been raining like crazy. It's okay to me though, I don't go outside unless I have to.  But the next day that isn't raining I'll probably go out and wander the city before it starts to snow. Because I will admit I like the fall foliage.

I have been in the mood to make mix cds. Don't ask me why. I send them mainly to my friends I can't see as often with some sweet handmade postcards. Because I am a awesome friend like that. :P  "Dirty Songs for Dirty lovers" is almost done and I am making another based off of the songs listed in the Blue Monday comic. (I am just as obessed with that comic as I am with Tank Girl)
Speaking of comics, Brian Wood and Becky Cloonan has announced that they are doing 6 more issues of DEMO!



I have become more and more of a fan of Becky's esp. after "American Virgin"  and I have also been following her online comic K.G.B. She's pretty sweet and one of the few women in comics that is getting recognition.

In the near future I hope to do some serious thrifting, visit the Asian market for some Bambo shoots and get me some Dragon Maki.



Good times man, Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment