Saturday, October 3, 2009

Long days,dirty nights.





Today was 24 hour comic day. Where basically you draw all day. I started mines around 11 and did it all the way till maybe 9:30. My ass started to hurt and I needed food. But I'd actually call it a success. I didn't do an hourly comic though. Instead worked on all my projects that needed to be done and luckily I did get everything finished expect for the lettering and the cleaning up the lines. I need fresh eyes in order to see my mistakes so I'll probably do that Monday. But I am very happy I got all my work done and I feel like I'm being productive. Yay!
So here is my work. This is pretty much the AOFTY comic. Last pages came out really well and I thought about redoing the first couple of pages but my friend told me to leave them, they'll show my progress if I am planning to use it in portfolio.

I really want to do the lettering in photoshop but I'll do that later when I have a working scanner.  But other than that I am happy with how I drew this. I am coming up! Hehe.  I also finished the comic I was doing for my friend Eric. It's about his first experience with a black girl with weave.
Yeah have to put in the lettering too.
I also did a bunch of random Jay and Nikki comics but I'm too lazy to put them up. Ah well.


Hopefully I get this job I had an interview for. I need to get better supplies(like a scanner) and start using actual comic book paper. I need the money to keep in  business. Boo. Someone should give me a lot of money. Just to help me out. heh always wishful thinking.


Eh I don't have much to say. Still bored out of my mind but finding ways to deal with that.(masturbation!) But I'm getting stuff done, teaching myself things I need if I really want to get into comics.  And I do. This is pretty much my life goal. If I get to published one successful graphic novel, I'll be pretty content.


I am making a mixtape with all my favorite dirty songs. Pulp of course is on there.

'This is hardcore' is one of my top five favorite Pulp songs ( The others are: Sorted for E's and Wizz,Like a Friend,Disco 2000 and Do you remember the first time)
Tomorrow I'm going to try to see Neil Gaiman. He's reading and greeting people at the downtown library for the Writers and Authors event Cleveland Public library is having all month. He's the only author I want to see.
I also need to start finding out about the Dr.Sketchy events earlier than I do. This month is going to be Halloween themed and I already missed the pin up and latex drawing events so I have to go to this one. I am hoping it's at the Grog but more than likely at the Beachland which means I can finally check out Shoparooni.
I wanna make cupcakes! But the stove is crappy. I hate electric stoves.

No comments:

Post a Comment