Sunday, December 13, 2009

Pictures speak better

I am not in a writing mood today.  Feel like so much is going and then nothing. I hate ups and downs. I like consistency.

So, if I am not fumbling about this city,I am reading, "Love and the time of Cholera" (someone forgot to tell me this was a tragic love story. Probably couldn't put zombies in it huh?) and looking at fine art by fine people.
People who inspire me to get better.


audrey kawasaki's artwork is beautiful and it's mostly done on wood. And I can only imagine what it looks like in person. :'D




 Paul Pope is one of my new favorite artists. Hi- fructose magazine did a story on him and I found most of his graphic novels at the library (hurrah for libraries!) As you can see he has also manged to break through the golden gates of comics and draw dc/marvel's signature characters. I prefer his own work though (Heavy Liquid and 100%)

I have tons of other artists and writers who I greatly admire, but these two are my current favorites.
The rest are random pictures that I have seen around all the art sites I go to.


Junko Mizuno's work can best be described as "Fairy tales on a 70's acid trip".


Ashley Wood's Tank Girl.


The Invisible woman will never be this Booty-licious again.


Rogue is such an underrated marvel character. She put Ms.Marvel into a coma and stole her powers. She needs more attention.

I joined Concept Art because I saw this picture.


Maybe if they would've changed Catwoman's suit it would've been a better movie? Seriously, that suit was horrible.

No comments:

Post a Comment